Privacy & Credit Reporting Policy:
Who are we?
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Advance Investment Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 75 002 880 435, Australian Credit Licence 383043 and our related businesses.
Our commitment to protect your privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 and any other relevant law.
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you. The personal information we hold about you may also include credit-related information.
Credit-related information means:
- Credit information, which includes your identity: the type, terms and maximum amount of credit provided to you, including when that credit was provided and when it was repaid; repayment history information; default information (including overdue payments); payment information; new arrangement information; details of any serious credit infringements; court proceedings information; personal insolvency information and publicly available information; and;
- Credit eligibility information, which is credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting body, and any information that we derive from it.
We use your credit-related information to assess your eligibility to be provided with any finance. Usually, credit-related information is exchanged between credit and finance providers and credit reporting bodies.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you. When you use our website or mobile applications we may collect information about your location or activity including IP address, telephone number and whether you have accessed third party sites, the date and time of visits, the pages that are viewed, information about the device used and other user location information. We collect some of this information using cookies.
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to the user’s browser which passes it back to the server whenever a page is sent to the user. HomeoanHQ servers may generate cookies which are used to keep track of the pages users have accessed while using the website. The cookie allows users to page backwards and forwards through the website and return to pages they have already visited. The cookie exists only for the time the user is on the HomeloanHQ website.
When users visit this website, HomeloanHQ may log certain information including, the type of browser and operating system the user is using; the top level domain name (for example .com, .net, .au, etc); the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site visited); the server's IP address; the date and time of visit, and the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded. This information is only for internal statistical analysis and system administration purposes.
If you are applying for finance or provide a guarantee we may also collect the number and ages of your dependents and cohabitants, the length of time at your current address, your employment details and proof of earnings and expenses. If you apply for any insurance product through us we may collect information about what is being insured, the beneficiaries and your health information including medical and lifestyle information from you or your health professionals. We will only collect health information from you with your consent.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information for the purposes of assessing your application for finance and managing that finance, establishing your identity, contacting you, managing our risk and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you. Improvements in technology also enable organisations like ours to collect and use information to get a more integrated view of our customers. From time to time we may offer you other products and services.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. We may also collect your personal information from credit reporting bodies, mortgage and finance brokers, employers and other people such as accountants and lawyers.
We will not ask you to supply personal information publicly over Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform that we use.
Do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements;
- to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance such as third-party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres, lenders mortgage insurers, trade insurers and credit reporting bodies;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to our agents, contractors, external service providers to outsource certain functions, for example, statement production, debt recovery and information technology support;
- to any person or entity who represents you, including finance brokers, lawyers, mortgage brokers, guardians, persons holding power of attorney and accountants;
- to any person or entity, where you have provided us consent;
- other guarantors or borrowers (if more than one) or prospective borrowers including in relation to any credit you guarantee or propose to guarantee;
- to our auditors, insurers, re-insurers and health care providers;
- to claims related providers, such as assessors and investigators who help us with claims;
- where we are authorised to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- to investors, agents or advisers, trustees, rating agencies or any entity that has an interest in your finance or our business;
- to other financial institutions, for example to process a claim for mistaken payment;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us; or
- to your employer, former employer, referees or identity verification services.
- www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal or credit-related information by contacting us.
Change in our privacy and credit reporting policy
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.
As a consequence we may change this policy from time to time or as the need arises. We will post any changes to this policy on our website.
You may request this policy in an alternative form by telephoning us on 02.9215.4100 or by writing to us at level 3, 458 Wattle Street, Ultimo
This privacy and credit reporting policy came into existence on 17 July 2019.